Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does damaging a company car when you're at work can sue you?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mheruian

Arresto Menor

Can I ask, i had a problem where, when i was heading to our customer using a company car on the way, i got accidentally bump the car with a scratch but after that i had to repair it on my own money and repainted it good. Is there a case where my employer can still sue me regarding the car because i got a feeling he hates me but he doesn't actually show it in front of me? Sad

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

You're only speculating with your "feeling" and that doesn't have any weight.

You have no choice but to defend yourself if your employer decides to charge you, though I don't think it would go to that situation.

http://www.councilviews.com

mheruian

Arresto Menor

council wrote:You're only speculating with your "feeling" and that doesn't have any weight.

You have no choice but to defend yourself if your employer decides to charge you, though I don't think it would go to that situation.

Thanks for the reply, i am glad you helped me out..

Maybe i am but i'm looking if it could happen, is it possible knowing that i already repaired it? what does our labor law view about this? i don't know if my friend is right but he said to me that here in our country, it is wrong to sue an employee when it comes to company cars, is he wrong?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

at most its damage to property and if you repaired it na, i dont see any problem. Did you report it to the company?

mheruian

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:at most its damage to property and if you repaired it na, i dont see any problem.  Did you report it to the company?

Thanks for the reply, yup i did, i actually told it already to the one who bought it, the boss of the company and it was fine on him and we settled the talk. i'm about to have my CoE this coming week on my employer (agency) of my boss (the employer and boss are different persons) and my concern was on my employer side. Even i already think there wouldn't be a problem if my situation was like this but of course the employer who don't like me has some strong affiliation on my boss. That's why (maybe paranoid) but i'm looking for holes that my employer could sue me regarding that matter. Thank you very much again for dealing this matter with me cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum