Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Empty COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm

reaver

Arresto Menor

Last August 8, Wednesday, the company cancelled work because of the weather. I just want to know if it's legal for them not to pay employees for that day although some are willing to go to work. It's like they proclaimed their own "no work no pay" day. Thanks!

2COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Empty Re: COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:50 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, it should be treated as a holiday, but i heard the dole is still working out an opinion on this.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Empty Re: COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Msche17

Arresto Menor

this is my concern also, because our company cancelled work because of the weather. And Pnoy said people who went to work will receive double pay, can we still get 100% of our salary? since the company announces no work that day and there are employees who are willing to go to work?

4COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Empty Re: COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:35 am

hlslawph

Arresto Menor

PNoy never said double pay. The palace merely said the companies would have to pay extra.

Here is an excerpt from an 8/7/12 news article:

"Palace deputy spokesperson Abigail Valte in a separate phone interview also cited two conditions for continuous operations of private firms: "They must be able to guarantee the safety of their employees both going to and from work, and they would have pay extra according to labor laws."

Source:

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/bpos-urged-to-ensure-workers--safety-amid-heavy-rains.html

I believe that the cancellation of work is analogous to a special day such as Ninoy Aquino Day, All Saints Day, Last Day of the Year, etc. wherein those who do not work will receive no pay based on the "no work, no pay" principle, and those who work will receive an additional 30% of his daily rate of 100%.

5COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Empty Re: COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm

reaver

Arresto Menor

I was actually pertaining to august 8, not august 7. Let me rephrase my question. If a company asked their employees not to go to work (not a holiday), without giving the employees any choice, is it based upon the company's discretion if they will pay the employees or not???

6COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Empty Re: COMPANY PROCLAIMED NO WORK NO PAY Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 pm

attyLLL

actually, i don't believe there is a clear answer to that.

however, my opinion, is that monthly paid workers will still be paid, but daily paid workers need not be

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum