Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

False accusations online and bashing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1False accusations online and bashing Empty False accusations online and bashing Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:00 pm

vinsvafsie

Arresto Menor

Good day. I would like to know if I can file a complaint against a person who falsely accused my sister of being a scammer. She was just trying to find a buyer for a dog that I saw was being sold in a group chat. I was thinking of purhasing the dog and resell it. My sister used the pictures I saw in the group chat as a reference. She did not, in any way, indicate that the dog was hers. At this point, we were looking for potential buyers. If someone gets ineterested, then we will buy it. The next day, the owner of the dog pretended to inquire about the pomeranian and asked if the dog was still available. I asked the person selling it online and he said yes. Right when my sister told about the availability of the pet, she immediately sent her a message saying, "Scammer!". My sister was confused. This person is the owner. On our end, we told her that we were planning to buy the pet and resell it. The watermarks were visible and we did not edit it in any way, not even putting our own names in it. They were messaging privately as my sister was getting accused. I messaged the owner also stating that it was I, her sister, who asked her to look for buyers and told her to not blame her for what happened. The situation got out of hand the next day. We saw posts of the owner to different groups about my sister stating that she is a scammer. The post included pictures of her, her friends, her fb account and her calling card. The people who saw the post commented all kinds of shame on my sister. The owner replied to them and made fun of some of the statements they made to her. I messaged the owner privately at this point and told her that it was all a misunderstanding and that we did not "own" the pictures. I was merely trying to find a buyer so I can resell it once I purchase it. We had no bad intentions whatsoever. But she was too angry to have a conversation with. People were accusing us that we were going to scam people, like take their money and give out a different bred or not give anything at all. I ended not replying to her because she wouldn't even listen to what are intentions were. I posted publicly then on my facebook account to ask for the removal of the said allegations on my sister. The owner then posted our conversation publicly on different fb groups telling people that we are "manloloko" and that people should be aware of us. This was the breaking point at that time because my sister sells cars at a dealership and her credibility will be deeply affected. People swarmed over the owner's post telling all sorts of things. It was a scary situation seeing all the people's comments and how they would laugh about the matter. I was desperately asking the owner to remove all posts. But as of this moment, the post is still publicly viewable and my sister is still getting harrassed.

2False accusations online and bashing Empty possible answer? Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm

solsticesakura

Arresto Menor

have you tried filing the case via the cybercrime unit of the NBI? try asking help from there stating your case.

3False accusations online and bashing Empty Re: False accusations online and bashing Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:10 pm

jmpascua

Arresto Menor

Of course you can sue her. Its clearly a cyber bullying act. Pls consult the NBI

4False accusations online and bashing Empty Re: False accusations online and bashing Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:29 am

justicehammer

justicehammer
Arresto Menor

My own opinion, I have 2 points here:

1. I agree with the first two comments of since it seems to be out of hand and for me was too much and uncalled for.

2. On the otherhand, You have to accept it that you have also a lapse in your part. This incident won't occur since there is such a thing as "respect" and ethics, bine based ko lang ito from your above mentioned statement.

What you could've done is to purchase the pet first and sell it at a higher price you wanted, this is business and there is a risk involved (wala siguro naging issue) eto problem kapag sobra tayong sigurista eh. I don't uderstand why you didn't inform the seller first what was your plan, your sister was involved in selling cars online? I wonder if she's doing the same thing? posting other cars for sale without knowledge of the direct sellers? hindi naman cguro dba? You should've been aware that a lot of scammer are everywhere, and to be honest, it wasn't your intent to scam and I believe your statement, but somehow, your on your way for a lose-lose situation here, with the pet owner/seller and you. Let's say I'm a real prospective buyer, got interested with your post on pet, then I will go to other fb related groups also and other site and found the same pic with a different price so I'm gonna get confused which is which.... Your sister should've known it since she's also selling online (nag iikutan lang ang gma buyers at sellers and photos like that is a redflag to be honest, benefit of the doubt though na it was honest mistake on your part, pero you have your mistake din, I will get mad either if I am the seller and you did that since it could affect other potential buyer, parang ang labas kasi ginulo nyo lang ung pet na binebenta.

Although I don't condone that act of cyberbullying, may this be a lesson with you and your sister.

5False accusations online and bashing Empty Re: False accusations online and bashing Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:39 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

I agree with Justice. Oo, siguro nga masyadong harsh yung treatment na nareceice nyo after the incident pero in my opinion you cannot sell something that you do not own (unless you have been contracted by the owner to sell on his behalf) and call that ethically correct. Tapos ginamit nyo pa yung pictures nung owner ng walang paalam to create your own ad. sige hindi nyo nga inalis yung watermark, pero naglagay ba kayo ng indicator na what your selling is also being sold by the owner?

In my opinion tama yung owner to flag you guys as scammers since technically, binebenta nyo yung alaga nya ng wala naman sa inyo. the best thing you can do is to create your own explanation to try to clear your name and charge it to experience since once maescalate yung case malamang na may makita din na butas sa kalakaran ng pagbenta nyo.

-not a lawyer, just someone who also dabbled on buying and selling online.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum