Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of surname

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Change of surname Empty Change of surname Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:51 am

cv

Arresto Menor

Hello po. I have a 4-year-old son and he is using my surname. When I got pregnant with him, his father and I separated. We were not married and I did not declare him in my son's birth certificate. We totally have no communication from then. Now, I already got married to my husband and we wanted to change my son's surname to his. What should we do about that? Do we still have to undergo on adoption process even though there is no biological father declared in his birth certificate? What processes should we take? Thank you.

2Change of surname Empty Re: Change of surname Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 am

attyLLL

some people take the short cut of the husband filing an acknowledgment of the child and then the marriage certificate so that the child will be deemed their legitimate child. I do not recommend it because it involves falsity.

the proper way is for the couple to adopt the child.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum