Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demotion on the Job

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Demotion on the Job Empty Demotion on the Job Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:44 pm

elvie_sapphire

Arresto Menor

My former position in the company is Accounting Supervisor, but today my superior informed me thru verbal discussion that i will be designated as Accounting Analysts effective next month no written notice has been issued, is it legal?
Thank you in advance.

2Demotion on the Job Empty Re: Demotion on the Job Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 pm

attyLLL

what is the reason behind it?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Demotion on the Job Empty Re: Demotion on the Job Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:16 am

elvie_sapphire

Arresto Menor

But recently i received an audit findings stating that there are lapses on my part in the preparation of income statement.Then i received that letter, on that day he informed me about my demotion.As of now, no written notice has been issue to me.I'm just worried if my salary will also be reduce?Is it legal to be demoted on that procedures.

Thanks for replying.

Last edited by elvie_sapphire on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional data)

4Demotion on the Job Empty Re: Demotion on the Job Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:30 am

attyLLL

what should happen is that you be given an opportunity to explain your side, and they should decide based on all the information including that you provide. I do not know how bad the error was, if any, but considering this is in truth, a demotion, then it should be shown that it should be so bad that a demotion is warranted.

Make your inquiries in writing (or on email) addressed to your superior in HR and ask for an explanation regarding this matter.

5Demotion on the Job Empty Re: Demotion on the Job Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:14 pm

elvie_sapphire

Arresto Menor

The audit findings was issued to me last July 11, 2016, then i explained thru writing and submit to them last July 12, 2016. Then on July 19, 2016 they gave me the replied, stating some of suggested things that i should have done. Then i received that replied letter. The Superior of mine is same position as me, designated as accounting supervisor but he is senior than me since he was more than 5 years in the company and me who just worked for more than a year .I also forgot to mention that we have some arguments on our processes procedures so i don t know if he takes it to me personally. So Sir, on that scenario is it legal to demote me on that procedure, do i need to wait for the appointment letter for my new position to consider it demotion?

Thanks for the reply.

6Demotion on the Job Empty Re: Demotion on the Job Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:34 am

attyLLL

i recommend you elevate the matter to your HR or Gen. Manager. On its face, it seems you were given an opportunity and you gave your side of the story. again, whether a demotion is warranted depends on the gravity of what happened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum