Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legitimacy of Condo Corp Officers and BOD Members Appointed by Developer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

edllarena

Arresto Menor

I live in a condo unit whose developer pre-empted us (unit owners) in the organization and registration of the condominium corporation. As such, all members of the interim Board are officers of the developer company. Per information from previous condo corp president, the project has already sold 80% of the units therein. We (unit owners) have demanded participation in the management of the condo corp, but the developer has refused to hold the general membership assembly after two failed attempts for lack of the required quorum. So developer has full control and manipulated the operation of the condo corp and its funds. They have replaced the members of the interim board by their executives and lawyers. They also sub-contracted the management of the condo corp to a property management company. My questions are: ISN'T it that just like any corporate entity, the interim board cannot be replaced by appointment except thru the General Assembly of the unit owners? When the president appointed by the developer is not a member of the board as required by the condo corp by-laws, is the appointment valid and her decisions/ actions not null and void? Is the condo corp that is controlled and run by the developer given the right to collect the association dues? Thank you very much!

http://emillaconsulting@freewebs.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum