Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Negligence that resulted to 2nd degree burn

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HRCharity

Arresto Menor

Hi All!
I would like to seek your advice regarding the case of our Aesthetic Nurse. Due to her negligence, one client suffered 2nd-3rd degree burn in her underarm while undergoing IPL treatment (laser hair removal). The client made a lot of demands and the company were helpful to give in to those demands since we are also taking responsibility of what happened and of course to protect the name of our institution.
This employee (RN by the way) does have a cash bond in our company in which we deduct from her every payday. Is it legal or ok to charge her with all the expenses company has made to the injured client?
Please advise.
Thank you

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

HRCharity wrote:Hi All!
I would like to seek your advice regarding the case of our Aesthetic Nurse. Due to her negligence, one client suffered 2nd-3rd degree burn in her underarm while undergoing IPL treatment (laser hair removal). The client made a lot of demands and the company were helpful to give in to those demands since we are also taking responsibility of what happened and of course to protect the name of our institution.
This employee (RN by the way) does have a cash bond in our company in which we deduct from her every payday. Is it legal or ok to charge her with all the expenses company has made to the injured client?

NO, it is illegal to deduct anything from the employee. You may terminate her for Gross negligence but cannot deduct from her anything unless she consents to the deduction.
Please advise.
Thank you

HRCharity

Arresto Menor

Do we need to conduct conference or hearing even if the employee already admitted in her explanation letter tht it was indeed her negligence? We will not dismiss the employee but we will serve the decision of 3 days suspension and charge her with the expenses (with her consent).

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

HRCharity wrote:Do we need to conduct conference or hearing even if the employee already admitted in her explanation letter tht it was indeed her negligence? We will not dismiss the employee but we will serve the decision of 3 days suspension and charge her with the expenses (with her consent).

Yes that would be better to ensure that full compliance with due process is observed.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum