Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liability of the Owner

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Liability of the Owner Empty Liability of the Owner Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Ivirginia

Arresto Menor

Please enlighten me on this.

My car was sold by a trusted friend and a business partner (who appears to be the seller) to re-pay some debts. The transaction is between my friend (as seller) and the buyer. Although my name is mentioned on their simple agreement as "in behalf of" but I didn't sign any deed of sale or such document proving that I am not present during the actual sale of the vehicle.

The car is emcumbered and supposed to be paid by the proceeds of the sale.
The balance was not paid by the seller and according to him is he being charge a "estafa case" by the the buyer.

Question 1.
What is my liability as the real owner of the car?

Is there anything I can do to limit my participation in this regard since I am not present in the actaul sale, since the sale is between my friend and his buyer? where in fact my signature did not appear in any document.

Last edited by Ivirginia on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Re-structure)

2Liability of the Owner Empty Re: Liability of the Owner Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:34 am

attyLLL

file a case of estafa through abuse of confidence against your friend to show that you had no participation in the fraud.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum