Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emotional/psychological distress case against manager/supervisor

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rvoliver21

Arresto Menor

Good day, I have been experiencing psychological & emotional distress at work. I have been pushed so hard that it had taken a toll on me. I have been experiencing continuous bleeding now and been unable to sleep and eat well. Is there legal process or can I sue my supervisor/manager for this?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Unless you have documented something very specific like ni blackmail ka medyo malabo. Why not just resign? Going thru a complaint process is stressful as well, kasi you have to remember they can file countercharges as well

rvoliver21

Arresto Menor

I love my work, been with the company 4 years now and financially I need the job. I have 4 kids and well the pay is quite high for a regular employee. The situation is like this: at work, some of my colleagues are home based (work from home) and I had problems with my schedule at home, my husband's work schedule at 11:00PM-8:00AM and can only arrive home by 9:00 or later. I am supposed to report to the office at 9:00AM, and then my eldest and twin had entered school already and someone needs to be home for my youngest. Really can't find nanny, each rejecting my offer as they don't want many kids to take care. Can't afford to get 2 nannies as we are also paying rent. I requested beforehand, about April, if could work from home and our office manager rejected my request. I went directly and sent email to my boss (in Switzerland) to ask for help as I cannot see on her part that she's willing to at least check or seek approval from them. Then our boss approved my request from the time being until I get a solution to my problem. It took me 2 months of continuous discussion & stressful process before I came to that point that I need to reach out to him thinking that it would by pass her position. Bago pa mangyari yan, binigyan nya ako ng TTH na WFH at MWF na nasa office. I did not agree to this kasi alam kong hindi tlga ako makakapasok at dahil gusto ko ring maresolve within Manila Office, sinubukan ko. Unfortunately, wala akong makuha talagang mag-aalaga sa mga bata. Sinabi ko sa kanya hindi kakayanin. Hanggang sa mauubos na ang leave ko at leave without pay na yung mga MWF na hindi ko pinapasok. Sya na ang nagdesisyon lahat nang iyan hanggang sa gusto ko sya kausapin pero ayaw na nyang makipag-usap. At dahil naapektuhan na ang trabaho ko na eventually maaari nilang gamitin laban sa akin, gumawa na ako ng aksyon. at yun ay magpapaalam at mag-reach out sa tlagang boss ko. hanggang sa hindi na nila ako kinakausap, pabalang na mga reply sa mga tanong ko mula nman sa supervisor ko. Maraming emails na magpapatunay na iniipit nila ako at pakiramdam ko pa ay nais nilang ipaabot sa higher management na hindi ako deserving sa approval ng request ko. Sa 2 bwang proseso na ito hanggang ngayon e ganito ang pinaparamdam nila sa akin. (Pasensya na mahaba)

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

the most you can do is complain to HR

rvoliver21

Arresto Menor

HR can't even do a thing. I have reported to them and they did nothing but to go as what the OM says. They're actually already involved. There is an incidet kahapon lang. Member pa din ako ng team kahit na nasa bahay ako nagttrabaho. The usual process is we should be asked if we want to be scheduled for skeletal force on holidays. They did not ask me at all. They announced the skeletal force without my knowledge. Then I asked the supervisor why didn't she ask me, puro naging pabalang ang sagot nya. that the other member is already assigned which is not the process. The point is she did not ask me. She's taking it personally against me when I was approved to work from home. I have been very open to her and she of all people should understand. A lot of exchange emails that I can record that I am being pushed already. Are those sufficient enough evidence to file the case? Or no? Can I go to a medical doctor and use it as evidence as well? I even had anxiety attacks already. Are these considered evidences? Thank you Lukekyle.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

from what i know, you need to prove that there was malice. but to be sure you should ask PAO. its free to ask. if you qualify they will take your case

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

Well seems like personal na esp when you bypassed her and got what you wanted.

Going back to the question can you file a complaint due to the emotional/psychological stress you are going through? The matter about you thinking that your boss is conspiring against you? You need proof there mate and not just because you think people are working against you. Something more. Otherwise everything will be based on feelings which cannot fly.

Nope medical doctors cannot help to the point you expect. I doubt there will be a doctor who will say that the sole cause of your anxiety is from work. At most they will tell you that you have anxiety and need treatment/medication and that there are different reasons causing your anxiety.

Best bet:go to HR as advised. Wala silang ginagawa? Well then keep professional and if you cannot take it then risk resigning and file a complaint for forced resignation but again that is too risky and not worth the risk.

Talk to a lawyer in person and bring all your documents as the advice her is only based on what you shared. God bless!

Last edited by udmlaw on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

There's a solution for this kind of situation under the Labor Code for employees to resort to... RESIGNATION.

udmlaw

Reclusion Temporal

HrDude wrote:There's a solution for this kind of situation under the Labor Code for employees to resort to... RESIGNATION.

Yup parang ganun na nga.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum