Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maiden name VS Married name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Maiden name VS Married name Empty Maiden name VS Married name Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:00 am

leyanjoiz

Arresto Menor

Hi Guys and Gals,

I hope you can enlighten me on this current situation.

My last name is ESPIRITU, the company changed my last name using my husband's which is TORRES. This was done without my consent or knowledge thus creating inconsistencies on all my government records (SSS, BIR, Philhealth and Pag-IBIG).

During my pre-employment, I submitted all government documents with my original last name intact and made them aware that I am married. I did not advise them to change anything with SSS or BIR. Unfortunately upon checking my records, i was surprised that in some documents it appears that my last name was changed. This has caused inconsistencies with my other government records which may cause problems with future employment especially for multi-national companies.

Is my company liable to change everything back where it use to be?

Facts:
Married in 2008
Opted not to use my husband's last name
All IDs are in my maiden name, though status changed from Single to Married

TIA!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum