Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Use Maiden Name while Married

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Use Maiden Name while Married Empty Use Maiden Name while Married Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:56 am

vyayoy

Arresto Menor

Atty., ask ko lang po sana legal opinion niyo. I am currently happily married but I still would like to retain my maiden name as the surname I use. The only valid ID I have as of the moment is my Voter's ID and this bears my husband's surname (I registered last 2004). In my diploma though, I'm using my maiden name (I graduated 2010). This happened because when I came back to the university, I used again my maiden name.

Was this legal?

Would I still be permitted to apply/get other documents like passport, sss, driver's license,etc using my maiden name?

Or is it already mandatory for me to use my husband's surname?

Just a side note Atty., I registered as a voter before the month of June (this is the month when my husband and I got married). This technically doesn't give me the right to use his surname at the time, is that correct?

I hope you can enlighten my queries.
Thank you so much.

2Use Maiden Name while Married Empty Re: Use Maiden Name while Married Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:45 pm

attyLLL

you can use your maiden name, no problem. but once you use your married name in a government listing, you can't change it back.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Use Maiden Name while Married Empty Re: Use Maiden Name while Married Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 am

elle_beauty

Arresto Menor

I would like to add, yes you can use maiden name, just declare you are married in the status, the problem you might foresee is when you will get a passport of a minor aged child,in the future. in verification section they will quickly notice that you and your child bears different surnames.. i encountered these and they advised me to ammend my passport, because these might cause problems when me and my child go travelling abroad. Very Happy

4Use Maiden Name while Married Empty Re: Use Maiden Name while Married Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:56 am

vyayoy

Arresto Menor

Thank you, attyLLL and elle_beauty! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum