Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maiden to Married Name

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Maiden to Married Name Empty Maiden to Married Name Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:13 pm

joielynjie

Arresto Menor

Hi! Need an advice with regard to my name. Got married last July 2015 and I opted to use a hyphenated last name, i.e. Juana De Leon-Villamor, as one of my rights cited in Article 370. However, some of my government IDs just showed my husband's last name instead of my hyphenated one. How do I request for this to be changed? Also, in filling out forms, do I use my maiden last name as my new middle name? Or can I continue using my maiden middle name since my last name is hyphenated? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2Maiden to Married Name Empty Re: Maiden to Married Name Thu May 25, 2017 5:40 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

The civil code gives you these options:
1. Retain your maiden name
2. Use your husband's surname
3. Hyphenate.

It's a matter of keeping your public record consistent. For the government IDs already issued, you can ask for them to be corrected by executing an Affidavit of Correction (or filling up the form that they provide).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum