Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-nuptial agreement and its limitation. Seeking Advice

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wander122

Arresto Menor

Hello. Good day to everyone. I'm just curious about this whole pre nuptial agreement thing.

What if the other party do not agree with it, and instead, he or she will make a statement or waiver that he or she will not benefit of the entire property and inheritance of the other party.

Pwede po ba yon? Na waiver nalang instead of pre-nuptial agreement?

Please I need advice on this.

Thanks,

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

Why settle for less? Go pre-nup if it is the interests of both, surely it is clearer and legally binding.

wander122

Arresto Menor

Hi Marlo,

Hindi kasi mutual ung decision na mag pre-nup agreement eh. Mas gusto nung isa na gumawa ng waiver na hindi niya gagalawin kung ano man ang pagmamayari ng partner niya. One sided lang kung baga kasi gusto naman niya ishare kung anong meron siya sa partner niya kaya waiver lang ung gusto niya.

Okay ba yun?

wander122

Arresto Menor

Seeking advice. Hopefully, you can help me understand the scope and limitations of prenuptial agreement.

attyLLL

waivers are generally invalid.

what is the property situation that they are trying to avoid? if it is inheritance, even without a prenup, any inheritance of a spouse received during a marriage will not be part of the conjugal assets. it will remain to be the sole property of the heir.

if the inheritance was received prior to the marriage, and they want that property to be the sole property of the heir, then a pre nup is required to be filed

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum