Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer rescind job offer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Employer rescind job offer Empty Employer rescind job offer Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:56 pm

popi

Arresto Menor

Hi.
I am new to this blog and have come to read your posts. I was wondering if I can seek for your advice regarding my situation. I would like to ask if it is possible to sue a new employer for rescinding a job offer? I signed the job offer last april and will start my job on Jul 1. I already quit my job of 12 years and turned down training and travel opportunities as well as annual bonuses from my prev employer. Aside from job offer, I have received welcome emails from my new employers such as welcome on board mssg, addtl reqt like tin, sss numbers were requested and update on what to expect on July 1. However just last June 10, my new employer rescinded the offer stating it is redundant and position is no longer available. My other question is if I can file for damages, may I know to what extent can I demand? Hope to hear from you. Thank you

2Employer rescind job offer Empty Re: Employer rescind job offer Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:31 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, you can file a civil case for abuse of right with corresponding damages.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum