Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holiday Pay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Holiday Pay Empty Holiday Pay Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Manila HR

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I am HR of a company which works in BPO sector located in Manila.
Our clients are U.S. based and so the employees need to follow the U.S. holiday calendar.
For all regular and special holiday we pay the employees as per DOLE guidelines.

For all US holidays employees get a paid leave as there is no work. But in case if the employee has to render work on that particular Holiday then are we suppose to pay him extra????

Please help me with this query . Thanks in advance.

2Holiday Pay Empty Re: Holiday Pay Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:29 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Short answer - No.

Unless the US holiday work falls on a PH holiday, there is no compelling need to pay extra.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Holiday Pay Empty Re: Holiday Pay Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Manila HR

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Smile

As we are not suppose to pay them extra, how do we provide them the benefit of working for an extra day as their colleagues are having a day off (with pay) ??

Looking forward for your response. Thanks.

4Holiday Pay Empty Re: Holiday Pay Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Manila HR wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Smile

As we are not suppose to pay them extra, how do we provide them the benefit of working for an extra day as their colleagues are having a day off (with pay) ??

Looking forward for your response. Thanks.

although you are not required to pay them extra, you can do so if the company chooses to

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum