Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diminution of Benefits

+2
lukekyle
kapitalk
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Diminution of Benefits Empty Diminution of Benefits Mon May 16, 2016 2:59 pm

kapitalk

Arresto Menor

MagandangAraw po, may gusto lang po ako sana itanong. Ako po'y 3 taon na po nagtatrabaho sa isang multinational na kompanya. Nitong Mayo po, tinanggalan po ako ng allowances ng aking kompanya at sinabihan na yung department di na po mag eexist. Nilipat po ako sa ibang grupo na wala ng allowance.
Pede po ba gawin sakin yun? Nagaaply po ako ng trabaho sa particular na department na yun as sales and marketing manager.
Ang nakalagay po sa akin offer sheet at kontrata na pinirmahan ay ang inclusion ng allowance.

Ano po maadvice nyo? Crying or Very sad

2Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

try to find similar cases within the company. Remember as a manager, all they have to substantiate to terminate you is loss of trust or confidence, in you or your abilities, kaya be careful before filing a complaint.

Para lang mas ma-intindihan yung situation. Sa contract P30,000 per month + P5,000 allowance. Now P30,000. per month nalang. Tama ba?

3Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Mon May 16, 2016 9:34 pm

kapitalk

Arresto Menor

yes po. Ganun na nga po. DI ba binding yung pinirmahan namin nuon? Kinonvince ako nuon ng HR na halos pareho na yung recennt pay ko with my previous company. That's why nag sign ako sa kanila. Tapos tatanggalan pa ako. Tama po ba yun?

4Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 pm

kapitalk

Arresto Menor

There are similar cases pero some of them hindi yun yung offer sheet nila nun pumasok sila sa company

5Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Tue May 17, 2016 6:46 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

read your contract and other policies also.
pwedeng ang allowance ay nakatali sa uri ng trabaho o department at hindi sa tao mismo.
so pag nalipat sa iba, talagang tatanggalin yung allowance.

so kung dati ang sales ay may allowance, dahil wala ka na sa ganung department pwedeng mawala yun.

http://www.councilviews.com

6Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Tue May 17, 2016 7:28 am

kapitalk

Arresto Menor

I read my contract, na kasama allowances for the position na inapplyan ko which was used to leverage my employment.  DI po ba dapat tinanung muna ako? Ala ba ko right to refuse of transfer?

Yung HR namin pa nag padala ng excel file of what I will be getting for the next 5 years. In good faith ko tinaggap na parang accumulation siya nun previous salary ko.

7Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Tue May 17, 2016 7:36 am

kapitalk

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your input, kanino po kaya ako pedeng lumapit?

Just want to make it clear sir.

So if you sign with a company with all the attractive benefits and allowances, it can easily remove from you even without a memo or at least a talk before they remove it?

Don't you have a right to refuse of transfer if you will jeopardize your employment contract?

Do I have a case?

8Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Tue May 17, 2016 12:06 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Ang allowance kasama sa position.

So kung nag-iba ka ng position dahil nalipat ka ng trabaho o department, then pwedeng matanggal yun.

And hindi ka pwedeng tumanggi dahil merong karapatan ang management na maglipat ng tao kung saan nila kakailanganin.

http://www.councilviews.com

9Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Tue May 17, 2016 1:30 pm

kapitalk

Arresto Menor

Ganun po ba? Hindi po ako nagiba ng position. Andun pa din actually yun pinagapplyan ko department or we called it business unit.

Sinabihan na lang ako na wala "kunwari". Di po ba dapat malinaw na yung pinakita na kikitain ko for the next 5 years which ginawan pa nila ng comparison thru excel to attract me before I sign is binding?

The contract stipulates that I have those as a benefits and my reasons why I signed with them?

How does the non-diminution of benefits can protect me?

thanks

10Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Wed May 18, 2016 3:50 pm

CaseLogic

CaseLogic
Arresto Mayor

Naalala ko our Lawyer once said, if the employee enjoyed the benefits consistently for example within a year the benefits should a permanent otherwise it will be diminution of benefits.

11Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Wed May 18, 2016 4:38 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

CaseLogic wrote:Naalala ko our Lawyer once said, if the employee enjoyed the benefits consistently for example within a year the benefits should a permanent otherwise it will be diminution of benefits.

If everything remains the same yes but consider a sales agent with monthly travel allowance to augment his expenses in visiting potential clients. Hes gets transferred to the training department. management can remove the allowance.

12Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Wed May 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Miss N

Arresto Menor

I have quite a similar case. Please advise if may laban ako dito.

I'm with this company for over 5 years and one of the benefits is car plan. My boss (manager of our department) had an argument with our president so he dissolved the department and moved us to a smaller department. HR manager told me that I have to be aligned with my manager because hindi pwede na i-retain nila ako as officer sa isang department na walang manager. In reality, they just changed the title of my position yet I have bigger responsibilities and workloads now but the thing is.. they removed the Car Plan benefit. HR clearly said that it is not a demotion. It is a lateral transfer and company alignment. It is management's decision.

my friends say that it is like illegal to do that.. they mentioned about this non diminution of benefits.
I already resigned and now rendering 30 days before I completely leave the company. But i am planning to file legal case if malakas laban ko dito. Please advise. Thank you!

13Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Diminution of Benefits Thu May 24, 2018 6:45 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Did you availed the car plan benefit in your previous department (you were receiving additional monthly payment to pay for the amortization of the car) and was this removed from you upon your transfer to the new department? if so, you have a big chance with the case for you are shouldering a financial burden that was supposed to be paid by the company and the diminution of benefit can be clearly seen.

However, if you did not availed it, what's the use of filing it in court, you'll only be wasting time and money hiring lawyers, attending hearings, disrupting your work schedule in your new company.

In the end the HR of your company might just say the benefit is still there and you did not availed it and there is no formal documents stating you cannot avail the car plan benefit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum