Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

stolen data from ex employer (call center)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

du30

Arresto Menor

good day! need your help po,  i worked in a call centre as a Manager, my employer discontinued our employment bscause our client back out due to poor performance of my agents. Thus,  our comPany have paid our salary for another month and moved on to find for another job.  we were referred to work in the bpo company next to our building,  Apparently,  one of my agents suddently access my ex employers data called "leads" (these are customers personal data containing phone,  name address and emails) he tried to sell it to his current company,  the new empoyer was upset because instead of giving the leads for free the agent was selling it.  in the end they have used the data containing 6k leads at no cost.  my ex employer now knew abt the issue coz the ceo of the new company disclosed/informed our ex boss about the sellibg of his leads.  My ex employer hold up our last pay.  question po:
1.  ano po mga implication ang maididulot sa agent.?
2. Can our exemployer sue my agent?
3.  Can he still get his last pay?
4.  what is the best thing to do?
5.  will i be part of conspiracy even i am absent?

thank u po.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

du30 wrote:

thank u po.

2. Yes. If he can prove it, the agent can be sued for qualified theft.
3. If proven, non bailable ang qualified theft. Yung damages will surely be more than his last pay
4. try to settle things with your employer. Maybe they will be more lenient if you are honest and helpful.
5. Depends on the evidence.

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Just some insights which may be of help.
This is not about you as a person but on the situation it set up several parties concerned based on the narratives.
Think about the consequences of the act of the agent who stole the leads.
This act of theft will be magnified further if the ex-company's principal learns about the leak of his customer data. He can sue the call center for breach of confidentiality.
Furthermore, you understand of course that there is a confidentiality agreement between the customers and the principal. If any of the 6K customers learn further that the confidentiality has been breached, the customer can sue the principal.
If you were to put value to these damages done by the agent, at what cost do you think will it be?

It is good that you started to ask about conspiracy. Think about covering yourself as an ex-manager from the previous and I assume the current manager in the new position.
Perhaps explore how to recover?

du30

Arresto Menor

centro wrote:Just some insights which may be of help.
This is not about you as a person but on the situation it set up several parties concerned based on the narratives.
This act of theft will be magnified further if the ex-company's principal learns about the leak of his customer data. He can sue the call center for breach of confidentiality.
Furthermore, you understand of course that there is a confidentiality agreement between the customers and the principal. If any of the 6K customers learn further that the confidentiality has been breached, the customer can sue the principal.
If you were to put value to these damages done by the agent, at what cost do you think will it be?

It is good that you started to ask about conspiracy. Think about covering yourself as an ex-manager from the previous and I assume the current manager in the new position.

thank u very much po sa quick reply, nagpapainvestigate napo yung ex employer ko, ang plan po ng kasama ko is to just inform my ex employer na hindi po ung leads nya ung ginamit, kung hindi yung past call center na pinagtrabahuan nya. Bilang manager ayokong makulong silang gumamit ng leads.

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

du30 wrote:
centro wrote:Just some insights which may be of help.

thank u very much po sa quick reply,  nagpapainvestigate napo yung ex employer ko, ang plan po ng kasama ko is to just inform my ex employer na hindi po ung leads nya ung ginamit,  kung hindi yung past call center na pinagtrabahuan nya.  Bilang manager ayokong makulong silang gumamit ng leads.

Bear in mind because of the breach, they will also be protecting their interests (corporate) which if they don't, will not be good for their current and future business.

du30

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:
du30 wrote:

thank u po.

2.  Yes. If he can prove it, the agent can be sued for qualified theft.
3.  If proven, non bailable ang qualified theft. Yung damages will surely be more than his last pay
4.  try to settle things with your employer.  Maybe they will be more lenient if you are honest and helpful.

thank you po, nkahold polahat ng salary nmin, nagkano po kya ang damage as in monetary if mag sue po ex employer namin? pati po kami non bailable? ginamit po namin ung leads kasi mag cacall po kami eh. kasama ba yung current employer? Kc po sya tlsga nagprovoke na if meron kaming alam na leads for free, dhil usan napo sila.

du30

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:
du30 wrote:

thank u po.

2.  Yes. If he can prove it, the agent can be sued for qualified theft.
3.  If proven, non bailable ang qualified theft. Yung damages will surely be more than his last pay
4.  try to settle things with your employer.  Maybe they will be more lenient if you are honest and helpful.

thank you po, nkahold polahat ng salary nmin,  nagkano po kya ang damage as in monetary if mag sue po ex employer namin?  pati po kami non bailable?  ginamit po namin ung leads kasi mag cacall po kami eh.  kasama ba yung current employer?  Kc po sya tlsga nagprovoke na if meron kaming alam na leads for free,  coz they ran out of data.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum