Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we entitled to have our separation pay?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jennymarasigan6

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I've been working in a company for 2 years, without further notice our boss decided to change the name of the company and asked each one of us to sign a resignation letter to formally resign from our previous company and sign a new contract for the new company name (not yet registered). Crying or Very sad

Most of us doesn't want to sign the new contract, since there will be a new security bond (half of our salary will be deducted for a month) and its really unfair on our end since on the previous company name we already have that security bond.

Now, my question is are we entitled to have our separation pay? Can we call it a forced resignation?

Since we're not informed ahead that this will happen to our company. We don't have a choice but to stay, most of us has it's own family to support.

Thank you.

death072608

Arresto Menor

Yes, you guys are entitled for a separation pay and even the company change their name multiple times they will still obliged to pay you for the years you guys served them and since they ask you to resign, Its automatic.

jennymarasigan6

Arresto Menor

What then should we do? Our company accountant says that our boss didn't approve the separation pay. Crying or Very sad

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

only recourse is to file a complaint against the previous company

death072608

Arresto Menor

I agree with lukekyle, you should file a complaint against them. There's no clear basis why they should not give you guys your separation pay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum