Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No pay for sleeping employee?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No pay for sleeping employee? Empty No pay for sleeping employee? Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:42 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

I work as a HR staff of a small company.

Our marketing maanger caught one of her staff sleeping. Actually nuon pa sya nasabihan, wala kasi masyadong workload so he is always napping. His surpervisor already told him, na ok lang if wala syang gawin but wag syang matulog.

So naghanap sya ng isang sulok na walang tao tapos dun sya natulog. But he didnt know that there was a cctv camera installed in that spot.

So i was instructed by the manager to not pay him from 1:45pm to 4:30pm kasi yan yung time na he was on camera sleeping.

Is this legal? Baka kasi makasuhan ako for withholding/deducting his pay

2No pay for sleeping employee? Empty Re: No pay for sleeping employee? Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:41 am

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

Hindi pwede basta ganun nang walang papertrail.

3No pay for sleeping employee? Empty Re: No pay for sleeping employee? Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:25 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

NO, it is NOT legal. The correct action is to issue the employee a Show-Cause Memo for sleeping during office hours.

4No pay for sleeping employee? Empty Re: No pay for sleeping employee? Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:24 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi went to DOLE quezon ave. Officer of the day advised me as follows: Just absent him during the time he was sleeping, pretend he clocked out.

DO NOT record the consequence as a deduction because that would require pa a hearing etc.

IS this correct?

5No pay for sleeping employee? Empty Re: No pay for sleeping employee? Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:41 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

NO, that is wrong. If the employee can show evidence that he/she has log records on that day, your reason for denying him pay cannot be given credit.

Note: the employee is actually in the vicinity of the workplace and you cannot deny such. You cannot 'pretend' he logged in or out.

The correct procedure is given to you already.

That DOLE officer does not know what he/she is talking about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum