Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

As a Co-maker of my previous officemate, can the employer oblige me to pay the loan immediately

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

troysantos

Arresto Menor

I was a co-maker of a salary loan from an ex officemate. However when she was terminated or forced to resign, our HR is obliging me to pay the loan. Do I have the right to say no? Or if not, could I my own terms and conditions on how to pay tis?

njaniola

Arresto Menor

you don't have a right to say no. being a co-maker, the creditor has the discretion to collect either to you or to the principal debtor (your ex-office mate). This is so because, under the law, the liability of the co-maker is in solidum (solidary liable) with the principal debtor. Never you can pay/settle it with your own terms and conditions unilaterally, that is, without the consent of the creditor, because, by having consented as the co-maker, you were bound to the terms and conditions as what the principal debtor is bound.

attyLLL

troy, first look at the loan agreement and see what were the terms given to the principal and whether there is a valid escalation clause which makes you immediately liable for the whole amount.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum