Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it ground for termination?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is it ground for termination? Empty Is it ground for termination? Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Michiku

Arresto Menor

Hi to all. I was involved in a complaint that ended sa areglo, i paid a very big amount. I was issued an affidavit of desistance sa nasabing insident. However, one of the family members of the complainant wants to get more money from me siguro akala nya mayaman ako. So he's threatening me na pag hindi ako makakapagprovide ng additional money, sisirain nya ako sa trabaho ko. My question is this, in case ba na malaman sa company namin un ginawa ko, is it a ground for termination? Thanks.

2Is it ground for termination? Empty Re: Is it ground for termination? Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

It depends. If the complaint has reached the courts and you hid its existence when asked of, you are actually concealing the matter. Hence, considered dishonesty which MAY be a ground for termination.

This is NOT the only factor to be considered regarding the complaint against you. Other factors/circumstances may also be considered if termination can be applied to you.

If the complaint is totally unrelated to your employment, you need not worry. File a 'blotter' against the person 'extorting' money from you and seek help from the authorities.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum