Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Payment of Holidays

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Payment of Holidays Empty Payment of Holidays Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:18 pm

aldreiyavi

Arresto Menor

Warm greetings!

May I please seek legal advice regarding the payment of holidays? In my current employer, we are considered as daily paid so only legal holidays are paid. However, it's been the practice of the company to pay November 1 (being a special holiday) because it is included in our National Staff Employment Condition as paid holiday. Our Regional Office is reviewing the list of holidays in the Employment Conditions and they would want to exclude November 1 in the paid holidays.

My question is can we defend that they could not exclude it because it has been enjoyed by the employees for several years already? If yes, we will need to provide them with documentation and labor ruling.

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you and more power.
Vilma

2Payment of Holidays Empty Re: Payment of Holidays Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:25 am

attyLLL

what were you being paid before, 100% premium or 30%? what will the company do, reduce it to 30% or 0%?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Payment of Holidays Empty Re: Payment of Holidays Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:53 am

aldreiyavi

Arresto Menor

We used to be paid 100% equivalent to regular holiday pay. However, the management would want to exlude it from the list of company-recognized holiday. In effect, no-work no pay applies or the employee could file it against his/her remaining vacation leaves.

4Payment of Holidays Empty Re: Payment of Holidays Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 am

attyLLL

the company cannot pay you less than the additional 30% premium if you work, or 100% if you do not.

you can either write to management or report the matter to DOLE and hopefully they will investigate the policy of the company.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum