Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Workplace Harrassment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Workplace Harrassment Empty Workplace Harrassment Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:34 pm

fifai

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone, I would like to seek your advise on my friend's problem.

He has been with the company for 30+ years, and is the right hand man of the whole family. He is head of one department.

A few months ago his company hired a consultant for the company, directly on top of his department. This consultant made changes in the work flow and reassigned tasks to the staff.

Recently, there was an issue raised by my friend to the board via email. This consultant then reacted blaming my friend for the issue. This consultant clearly does not fully understand the issue, but the reaction was directly blaming my friend saying he is not qualified, and that he needs to be transferred right away. What baffled my friend, and all the others who read the email was, his was an overreaction. It's like he's been bottling something up against my friend.

When in fact what is palpak, were the consultants staff whom he assigned the responsibilities. Also this consultant is palpak too, even the board knows it. The board asks for reports and all and he cannot deliver. Ends up blaming my friend, and he still stands by it even when confronted by the board.

I know something is definitely wrong with their board for still continuing with this consultant.

My take on this is this consultant is threatened by my friend, as he knows everything being with the company for so long, even run the whole department for 2 decades (without any palpak), not to mention being trusted by the whole board and their families as well, and treats him as part of their family also.

But my question is, can my friend file for a harassment or something. The consultant said a lot of things but to sum up he puts all the blame on my friend, questioning her education and belittling her capabilities.

thank you in advance to those who will answer.

2Workplace Harrassment Empty Re: Workplace Harrassment Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:00 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Before any litigation process will be done against the erring consultant, your friend must exhaust first all administrative remedies from the by-laws of the company that he can use to have the issue settled once and for all.

That being said, there may be a possible slander case against the consultant, but it depends on the situation on how the belittlement was done against your friend, and if his reputation has been affected as well.

It is best to seek legal advice from a lawyer, to know the possible steps that can be taken against the erring consultant.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum