Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absences due to pregnancy related issues

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Absences due to pregnancy related issues Empty Absences due to pregnancy related issues Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:41 am

edong004

Arresto Menor

Hi, I'm on my 7th month of pregnancy and I had instances of absences due to back pain and dizziness though those absences were not done consecutively. Now, my company is using that as grounds for termination. I can't present a medcert for those absences because I just needed atleast a day's rest, so is it legal to fire a pregnant employee given this situation?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Did you follow procedures and policies for advising your supervisor/manager?

Were you given any notice in the past for your other absences?

http://www.councilviews.com

Vanya

Arresto Menor

Absences, health related or pregnancy related are only excused if supported by medical certificates. Better yet, you can ask your OB to give a cert that you need bed rest. i learned from experience. i was repeatedly absent and was only excused on the dates that were covered by med certs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum