Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tardiness Scheme

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tardiness Scheme Empty Tardiness Scheme Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:16 pm

shalalah

Arresto Menor

For 7 years and 3 mos in the company I've just received a written warning due to excessive tardiness for 1 whole year Feb 2015 to Feb 2016 and those are 6 sick leaves, 1 borrowed sick leave from my vacation leave, 3 lates and 2 half days. Am I capable to receive written warning if that's the cause? Do they have the right to terminate me if I'll refuse to sign on it or I must sign on it? And, If I will be terminated what are my benefits after the termination? Can I also file complaint in DOLE if that so? Please advise. Thank you!

2Tardiness Scheme Empty Re: Tardiness Scheme Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:29 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Companies have different standards depending on their by-laws and the rules and regulations that are in effect that the employees are made aware of (notification is important for compliance).

Depending on the policy regarding tardiness of your company, the employer is generally given presumption that they enforce their policies and standards in good faith through their management prerogative. If a written warning is indeed warranted, then that should be the case even if you were not tardy for the past 7 years or so.

For tardiness, there should be no termination yet, since the punishment of tardiness generally includes written warnings, verbal warnings, or suspension if shown to be habitually done. The rule of thumb is that the punishment should fit the crime. Theft of company property warrants termination, while tardiness does not hold the same weight of the offense as the aforementioned.

It is safe to say that you should not consider yourself terminated yet. If your employer will do so, then he may be faced with an illegal dismissal case, which no employer in his right mind would want to face.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum