Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unit owner/bedspacer obligation in case of robbery

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jenna Tobias

Arresto Menor

I am a unit owner po of a condominium na pina bedspace ko po to help with the payment of the unit. the unit was robbed by a person posing as an interested bedspacer and in the process, the other bedspacer was robbed. Am I financially liable for the things he lost when he didn't declare any of his belongings. The bedspacer is asking for a settlement for the things robbed from him and said would file a civil case against me. There is no lease contract signed by both parties.
This incident was reported to the admin security and to the Police Station and even asked for the help of the NBI.

I am sincerely hoping you can help me give light on what I can do and what my stand is on this.

Thank you so much for your help on this and looking forward to an advise from you.

Respectfully,

Jenna

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

You are not financially liable because you are not engaged in hotel or innkeeping business. Declaration or non-declaration of his belongings is of no moment. You don't have any any personnel to look into the welfare of the person renting.

Lease contract is not the issue here, but your liability towards the renter. Just invoke fortuitous event as a defense.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum