Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do I have liability if collector didn't remit the correct amount?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Treasurer OPD

Arresto Menor

I am the treasurer of our homeowners organization. We have Collectors for the monthly dues, and I discovered that one collector was not remitting the right amount of collection by tampering the receipts and submitting the wrong amount of collections in the remittance sheet. I have brought this to the attention of the BODs. What is my liability? What case can we file against the collector? Where should we file the case?Should I be the one to file it or should it be the homeowners association? I am now outgoing and a new set of BODs would already takeover soon.
Thanks in advance for your advise.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

1. No. liability.
2. A Case for estafa OR falsification of private document, as the case may be.
3.Go to the nearest fiscals office, they will prepare the necessary informations.
4.Name the complainant as homeowners association. Represented by anyone, not necessarily you and you will be the witness.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum