Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Traffic accident resulting in a death to motorist.

Who is at fault

Traffic accident resulting in a death to motorist. Vote_lcap0%Traffic accident resulting in a death to motorist. Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Traffic accident resulting in a death to motorist. Vote_lcap100%Traffic accident resulting in a death to motorist. Vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1
Back

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jonahhex

Arresto Menor

Briefly I will explain the facts and the current situation.

Motorist 1 = Trike driver
Motorist 2 = 2 wheel motorcyclist

Location Pangasinan

Motorist 2 was intoxicated, driving in the wrong lane, at night without a headlight and runs into Motorist 1.
Motorist 1 sees the impending crash and turns sharp left, still in his lane at time of impact, having his sidecar take most of the force and damage.
Motorist 1 sustains minor injuries, while Motorist 2 latter dies at the hospital.

This is where I do not understand how Philippine law works (or doesn't work).

Motorist 1 is then arrested and charged with reckless driving.
Motorist 1 is not intoxicated and his vehicle is in working road worthy condition.
Added to the fact that he was not the controlling force or the causing factor of the accident.

Then you add that the family wants money from Motorist 1 due to the death of Motorist 2.
How could that be legal when Motorist 2 is at fault.

It seems like the only reason Motorist 1 is in jail is because he is alive, and they need someone to blame. I do not understand how this this is lawful and I would like to help Motorist 1. What are the laws or statutes that would indemnify Motorist 1 and return him safely to his family?

jonahhex

Arresto Menor

Does anyone have any information?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum