Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Special Power of Attorney vs Authorization Letter

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lucas0610

Arresto Menor

I resigned from my previous work last Sept 2015 because of my wife's masteral course overseas.
Before I left the company, I ask one of our HR personnels on how I can claim my separation kit once I left the country. I was told that I should secure authorization letter to whoever will pick up my separation kit. Separation kit includes last pay check (unspent SL/VL) and my Cert of Employment.
Now, my kit is ready to pick up and my father in law will be the one I authorized to get the kit on my behalf with my signed Authorization Letter. When my father in law went to the office to get the kit, the company is now asking for my Special Power of Attorney and won't honor my Authorization Letter which they asked me to prepare before I flewn overseas. I asked the HR manager if they would honor Statutory Declaration signed by the Justice of Peace as substitute for SPA. They said in reply that it will only be honored if it is certified by the Consul General.
To book for an appointment to Consul General is not easy.

Any advise from you guys will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

So far their request is valid. Any concerns about money would require an SPA.

http://www.councilviews.com

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Just go to the Phil. embassy where ever you are and execute an SPA and have that signed by the Consul General there.

lucas0610

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much for your advise. Appreciate it. GOD bless

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum