Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Extent of authority regarding Visitation rights

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

putomonster

Arresto Menor

I recently called it quits with my live-in partner of 4 years. We have a 3 year old son. I know that I have sole parental authority of my son but I would like to know the extent of my authority over the visitation terms. If I set the terms will he be obliged to follow? I don't have a problem with him visiting the child at my parents home everyday and maybe take him out (supervised) once in a while but I don't like my son staying overnight or spend a week at his dad house due to the ff:

1. I don't have assurance that he will keep his words and return my son
2. He is short tempered and shouts at my son when he's crying a lot. He shouts and points finger at him like he is fighting with an adult
3. He goes to work so iiwan lang din niya sa house help ng parent niya ung anak namin. I work at home so I am able to oversee my child 24/7

technified_ex

technified_ex
Prision Correccional

He should follow your terms, since that is what you have agreed upon. If not, you can always go to court to remove his visiting rights for the danger that your son may face.

putomonster

Arresto Menor

^thank you for responding. He actually doesn't agree on my terms and he wants ME to bring our son to him so he can stay with him for a week (gusto niya alternate, one week sa akin, one week sa kanya). Kaya gusto ko po malaman kung terms ko yung masusunod so I know what will be my next step and if i need to get a lawyer para ma apply yung gusto kong terms.

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

I would completely deny his request and tell him to file his visitational rights in court and let you know once it has been one. Smile

From there, all other concerns may be discussed/agreed upon thru court including child safety, father's behaviour, preferred day and time of visitation etc etc. Get an attorney to represent you in court once that happens .

putomonster

Arresto Menor

^ Thank you sir, that is a great idea. We went to his house kanina to get our stuff I heard him say to our son that he will see him this weekend. Not sure if he's going to our place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum