Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I file Legal Separation outside the Philippines?

+2
Katrina288
ned77
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ned77

Arresto Menor

Hi. I came across this forum because of desperately finding a solution for my marriage and immigration issue. I am 2 years separated with my husband but we have not yet filed any legal separation. I am working overseas and is it possible to file legal separation outside the Philippines? Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks in advance.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, if you have grounds to file for legal separation, you can execute a Special Power of Attorney (in favor of your representative here in the Philippines, who could be a relative or even a lawyer), since you are abroad.

If you need legal assistance, you may email me on km@kgmlegal.ph

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

ned77

Arresto Menor

How long is the process of filing the legal separation?

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi ned77, I replied to your email.

Thanks.

Atty. Katrina

Rose yu

Arresto Menor

Helo ms katrina,
I wanted to file for legal separation too,,any place ba in phils will do,,im from mindanao and got married there as well,for moment im an ofw,, weve been separated for 6 yrs now,,ano ba dapat kung iready to file legal separation?? Thanks po in advance

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Rose yu wrote:Helo ms katrina,
I wanted to file for legal separation too,,any place ba in phils will do,,im from mindanao and got married there as well,for moment im an ofw,, weve been separated for 6 yrs now,,ano ba dapat kung iready to file legal separation?? Thanks po in advance

Hi,

The appropriate legal remedy in each situation depends on the grounds available to you. You will have to provide more information about your marriage to know whether or not you may file for legal separation, nullity of marriage, etc.

The petition will be filed in the place of your residence or in the place of residence of your husband, not just anywhere in the Philippines.

You may send a direct email to me on km@kgmlegal.ph

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

fujitsu414

Arresto Menor

hi atty katrina,

Gusto ko sana mag file ng declaration of nullity( no marriage license ) how long po kaya and how much ang process? Pwede po kaya ako mag file kahit wala ako jan sa pinas? thanks!

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Yes, you can file your petition for declaration of nullity even you are not physically present in the Philippines. You have to execute a special power of attorney (SPA) in favor of your representative/lawyer, but if you will testify in court, you have to be present during the scheduled hearing.

The case will run depending on the number of documents/witnesses you will present in court, whether or not your spouse will oppose your petition, and on the number of cases being handled by the court. Normally, it may take 2-3 years.

As for the fees, you may email km@kgmlegal.ph for quotation.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

fujitsu414

Arresto Menor

Atty,

kailan po kaya need mag testify upon filling? ilan beses po ba kailangan mag testify? every 3yrs lang kasi ako nakaka uwi ng pinas and 1-2months lang ako nag stay sa pihilippines.... sobrang mahal kasi ng pamasahe (100k roundtrip) kaya hindi ako makakauwi agad agad... thank u!

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Not upon filing, but you will be notified of the scheduled hearing. You only need to testify 1-2 times.

sugarless

Arresto Menor

hello atty.katrina ako din po ba pwede mag file ng annulment na kahit di ako umuwi ng pinas ,may una kasi pinakasalan ang naging asawa ko,huli ko na ng nalaman ,tumagal kami ng 6 yrs na nagsasama pero sa kasamaan palad nilayasan po namin sya ng mga anak ko dahil nanakit po sya,tinulongan ako ng cityhall ng japan para makaalis po sa bahay namin,ano po ba dapat ko gawin para maannul na,kung sakali po mga magkano kaya magagastos at ilan buwan po bago marelease ang annulment? salamat po

jhoenf28

Arresto Menor

Hello atty:Katrina
Please advice naman po,hiwalay na rin po ako sa asawa matagal na mahigit 10 years na po at sa mga taon po na nagdaan wala din po kaming komunikasyon ng ama ng anak ko hanggang nakita ko po sa NSO na nag-asawa na po sya ulit.Gusto ko pong malaman kung pwede po mag file ng annulment as non appearance po kasi yung isang kaibigan ko po ay nakapag file sya ng non appearance pero nung umuwi po ako ng pilipinas at nagtanong sa probinsya namin kung pwede ang non-appearance ang sabi hindi raw po pwede.Mahirap naman po kasing umuwi sa atin kung walang sapat na pera sa pagpapa annul.Anu po dapat gawin? Salamat po.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum