Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subpoena process

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subpoena process Empty Subpoena process Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:28 pm

innocente

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have a question regarding the subpoena process. A friend of mine forwarded to me an email of a subpoena copy for me. I was not legally served of any copy. Am I obliged to go to the Public Attorney's office for a "preliminary hearing"?

Based on my friend's email, if i do not attend i will be served a warrant of arrest. The case is about estafa based on the subpoena.

I owed a person money but I already paid him over 90% of what i owe. I was paying by installment monthly as it was agreed, i never skipped paying every single month, not until last December because the person has been harassing me through calls texts, and even bad mouthing about me over the social media friends relatives etc, which really pissed me off and so i stopped paying last December until this month.

Please advise.

thank you!

2Subpoena process Empty Re: Subpoena process Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:36 am

technified_ex

technified_ex
Prision Correccional

The subpoena is not valid, you have nothing to worry about, since it should be served personally. Not unless if you are hiding from him

3Subpoena process Empty Possible ESTAFA case. Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:09 pm

ms.problematic

Arresto Menor

My trouble started last Nov. 2014 when I am prompted to renew my NBI clearance as requested by my previous company. It was the first time I got HIT in NBI. I know that it's never about the name because my name is unique. I didn't get back to get my result because I do remember that I have some pending obligation from the bank loan way back 2010 and I might be arrested by NBI personnel. Due to many troubles that I have encountered financially and natural calamities, I was unable to pay my remaining balance. My situation got worse that I need to resign because I couldn't provide an NBI clearance. I don't have work anymore. I'm always nervous every time that I'm sending my kids to school or going out.

1. I didn't receive any subpoena or any legal documents since we don't own any house but we're just renting. We have been changing places.
2. Before, post dated checks are a requirement for the salary loan. Is it possible that I have a estafa case now because of that?
3. I couldn't afford to pay anything right now since I couldn't get a job due to NBI clearance. What would be the best action that I should take now?

Please advise. Thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum