Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Delay in wages

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Delay in wages Empty Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:38 am

Bojo

Arresto Menor

I am currently employed in one of the highest ranking bpo in metro manila. The problem that im having with this company right now is delay in wages. Last dec 29, 2015, i received a salary worth P2,790. That salary date is supposed to include my 10 days work and a tax refund worth P5,440. Our manager's explanation about this is some issues with our timestamp system and that there will be a special payout that will be release in jan 6, 2016. I thought it may be a valid reason for the delay so we accepted it and waited until jan 6. Came jan 6, the amount that was put in our atms are still not sufficient. We were again promised that all lacking amounts will be given at the coming salary date of jan 15, 2016. So weve waited again on the said date but without any luck, the lacking amount was still not included. We asked for again a special payout because we felt its so ridiculous already and we have mouths to feed and bills to pay. Our managers told us that our finance dept just asked us to wait for the next pay period which is jan 29, 2016. Is this a valid case for us to file in DOLE? Im hoping for your immediate response. Thank you.

2Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:08 pm

technified_ex

technified_ex
Prision Correccional

Depends if such delay is recurring, meaning, not only once but many times happened. If this is the case, you have a strong case with the DOLE, for the labor law provides payment of wages at least 2x a month. And when you say payment of wages, it should be your exact wages.

3Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Bojo

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply technified_ex. Actually, this is the first time it happened. Not all employees are affected but those affected It causes us inconveniences since it resulted in delays and issues with our bills and our daily commodities. Is it still a valid case? Thanks in advance.

4Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Bojo

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply technified_ex. Actually, this is the first time it happened. Not all employees are affected but those affected It causes us inconveniences since it resulted in delays and issues with our bills and our daily commodities. Is it still a valid case? Thanks in advance.

5Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Bojo

Arresto Menor

6Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Bojo

Arresto Menor

For some technical reason my reply was posted 3 times. Im sorry for that.

7Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:39 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

It's the first time, so it may just be a one-time mistake.

http://www.councilviews.com

8Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Bojo

Arresto Menor

Yes, council. So is it a valid case? What do we need to do for those inconveniences it caused us? Should we let it pass? Were not even sure if its gonna be resolved on jan 29 pay period. Pls advise. Thanks in advance.

9Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:55 pm

technified_ex

technified_ex
Prision Correccional

sad to say you dont have a case, since its not a recurring situation in the company. But if it is still the same situation until let say July this year, then you can forward your case to the DOLE.

Keep the pay slip for evidences that your wages was not paid in exact and on different dates

10Delay in wages Empty Re: Delay in wages Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Bojo

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply sir. Cheers. =)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum