Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Work Place and Social Media Rants of Employee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

epoy_chinoy

Arresto Menor

An employer, while using computer at the office, found that last employee who used the same PC left his Facebook still logged in. employer just ignores this, at first. What caught his attention, though, as desktop notifications kept on coming in was a notification of private message coming in from a recently terminated employee.

Upon reading the messages, the employee made mention of "low morale" in the office and that he and another colleague are considering offers from another company. And it's not about being passionate about work but money.

Can the employer confront or discuss with the employee regarding these PMs? Am I right to assume that the employee cannot claim violation of his right to privacy since: (1) it was his fault that he left his FB account logged in; and (2) employee was using company's PC and network, in the first place.

Hope anyone can help me sort this out.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes the employer can confront - but not because of the content but because of any policy regarding facebook and social media usage.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum