Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Pay slips being issued and no payroll system

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

drk080186

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am unable to track my payroll because the company I am working with right now stopped issuing pay slips for a while now and they do not have a payroll portal/system where we can view all of our compensation.

I have been asking them to issue me my payslips regularly so I can keep track of my salary for several months now but each time they would just say "we will try to issue you all your payslips on your next pay". It has always been like that ever since after the first payslip they issued me last August and as far as I remember, that was the last one they have issued everyone.

is that even legal?

Your response would be mostly appreciated.
Thank you ☺

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Payslips, in general, will depend on the related provisions of your company by-laws.

There is nothing specifically stated in the Labor Code that requires the issuance of a payslip, but it can be considered (not under law, mind you) as good company practice in being able to issue payslips timely to their employees so that they can track their salaries and benefits accordingly.

If you have an employee handbook (considered to be binding to both employer and employee, if duly signed and explained in regards with its contents), please do check if there are provisions regarding payslip issuance and what are the remedies available if there is a backlog of such.

Alternatively, you may want to visit the nearest Regional DOLE office and ask the nearest help desk regarding the policies behind payslip issuance.

Good luck in your situation, and may you be given a just resolution.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum