Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inequality practice in workplace

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inequality practice in workplace Empty Inequality practice in workplace Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:43 pm

vigann

Arresto Menor

I am a call center agent. I am employed in the company for almost 8 years now. I dont have any problems with the rules and regulations of the company until this year that I became sickly and been absent in the past couple months. The company grants us 30 days leave that we can used for either vacation or sickness every year. Because of health issues, I already used up all of my leave credits for the entire year. Although that's the case, I'm glad that the company still allows employee to apply for leaves without pay. The rule of the company in approving applied leaves is "first come first serve" basis and we are allowed to apply leaves 90 days prior to the said leave date. I applied leave without pay 90days or almost 90days for all the rest of my preferred dates for December 2015. I applied leaves for those dates for spiritual and personal purposes. I understand that I will not recieved any pay for those days but I value my spirituality and my health and I know that it will be worth it. I was so happy that those applied leave without pay were approved right away. So all the planning was done and confirmed too. But first week of November 2015 , I got sick again and was admitted to the hospital the next day. I got out of the hospital after 4days and was advise by the doctor to rest another 4 days before going back to work. I informed the company that I can't go to work on those days thru the "call-off" process but haven't recieved any response from my immediate supervisor. When I went back to work, to my surprise all of my approved leaves were cancelled without my request for retraction! I ask the HR about it and informed them how important to me those approved leaves that were cancelled. HR informed me that manager requested cancellation for those approve leaves and has the right to do so and my call-offs are unexcusable ( although that's a call-off due to sickness). I verify any valid reasons how can an approved future leave be cancelled without even informing the employee. No reasons provided. HR just emphasized that I don't have leave credits anymore and manager can cancel any approved leaves anytime they want to. I was so disappointed with that unacceptable reason. To my dismay, I review the companies rule for ethics and inequality for employees which includes fair practices of granting and approving leaves. The company has anti-discrimation policy but I felt discriminated and inequality was practiced towards me. All other agents that has approved leave without pay were not cancelled at all. I'm the only one who has cancellation by the manager for my approved leaves. And because of my report to HR towards the incident, my immediate supervisors are now giving me a hard time in accomplishing my tasks as an agent. I am getting confused because as far as I know I did not anything bad to them. I foresee that they will do the best they can to bring danger to me and my job and I'm asking your advise as a defense to myself. Thank you!

2Inequality practice in workplace Empty Re: Inequality practice in workplace Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:46 pm

vigann

Arresto Menor

Hope someone can help. Thx!

3Inequality practice in workplace Empty Re: Inequality practice in workplace Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:40 pm

vigann

Arresto Menor

Up

4Inequality practice in workplace Empty Re: Inequality practice in workplace Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:06 pm

vigann

Arresto Menor

Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum