Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coworker's embezzlement and his wife

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coworker's embezzlement and his wife Empty Coworker's embezzlement and his wife Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:27 pm

sma

Arresto Menor

My boss and I found out that one of our coworkers withdrew almost all the money that was in the bank accounts under his name but was the fund for our company's project.

As we were investigating his act and the relations of other people in this matter, his wife claimed she kept the passbooks with her in a safe for a few weeks because she knew that her husband was misusing our company's money and wanted to prevent more crimes committed by her husband. However, the husband still could withdraw money since he is the signatory who can process transactions without the presence of the passbooks. Now we are taking legal action against him to get the money back, but are also wondering if we can make his wife responsible and a joint guarantor, since she caused the delay in the disclosure of this issue by not reporting to us about her husband's misuse while keeping the passbooks. Can we ask his wife to cooperate in returning the money that my coworker stole from our company? Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum