Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Licensed Teacher but not practicing.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Empty Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:24 pm

aljisidro

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I am a licensed elementary school teacher but I am not practicing my profession. I teach online for almost three years now, and it is not under DepEd. Someone told me that I might lose my license if I don't teach in a regular school for certain number of years. Is that possible?

Thank you!

2Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Empty Re: Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:31 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

I am not familiar with any kind of law that has such an effect towards the teaching profession, to be frank.

It might be better for you to ask a Department of Education representative regarding that. Their website contains a contact number which you can use to contact them. Hopefully, the representative that will talk to you can answer most of your queries.

As a last resort, you might want to visit a regional DepEd branch near you and ask for a representative to talk to you regarding your concerns...

Good luck, and may the force be with you!

3Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Empty Re: Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:05 pm

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Your license is issued by the PRC, and you are renewing it every three years, correct? You will not lose your license, unless there is a case against you filed at PRC (and only after hearings and only after just cause). Make sure that you renew your license. It's not difficult to renew this particular type of license because the PRC does not require additional units for renewal.

Thanks.

4Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Empty Re: Licensed Teacher but not practicing. Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:01 am

aljisidro

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much. Yes, I renew my license every three years, I just renewed mine this year. I just heard from a former teacher that I might lose it or something like that, but some of my coworkers are also licensed and been teaching online for years. So far, they don't have any problems, that's why I got worried and confused. I will just keep on renewing my license, then! Thank you so much for clearing this up! God bless!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum