Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

tax shield or tax write-off for licensed professionals

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mzmc

Arresto Menor

Hello.

I would like to seek for your advise about tax shield or tax write-off that a licensed professionals could apply to lessen tax burdens.

My sister is a registered nurse but recently employed in a BPO company. Her basic monthly salary is over P10,000 but not over P30,000. The company also gives her Language premium for around P40,000 per month and other taxable income like overtime pay. So based from her total taxable income per month, she has been deducted with huge amount of withholding tax and other legal contributions(SSS, Philhealth, PAGIBIG.)

Then recently she heard from someone that she could do some sort of public service by rendering 2-3 hours in a government owned hospitals/clinics as volunteeer nurse. As mentioned to her, once she declare this service to BIR,this could be considered as a tax write-off.

We are not familiar with the procedure and also to any other possible tax write-offs given to licensed professionals or to any high-earning professionals in the Phil. Hope you could help us on this and provide us some details.

Thank you very much and God bless.

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

i just want to clarify your understanding of a tax write-off. ibig mo bang sabihin na pag nagvolunter work ang sister mo sa isang government hospital, puwede niya gawing pang minus iyong unpaid services rendered niya sa government hospital sa mga taxes na binabyaran niya from services rendered with compensation?

as far as i know in our Philippine tax jurisdiction, there is no such type of offsetting with regards to the following types of services rendered by your sister:

1. services rendered to a private entity where your sister is entitled to compensation

2. services rendered to a government hospital in her capacity as a volunteer nurse (hence, without compensation).

better yet, consult your friend lawyer. there is no better substitute for a wise and professional advice/s given by a practicing lawyer.

mzmc

Arresto Menor

Hello, taxconsultantdavao.

With regards to what you've stated.

"ibig mo bang sabihin na pag nagvolunter work ang sister mo sa isang government hospital, puwede niya gawing pang minus iyong unpaid services rendered niya sa government hospital sa mga taxes na binabyaran niya from services rendered with compensation?"

Yes, you are right. This is exactly what we were thinking before. But it seems this won't really work.

Thank you so much for giving us clarification on this topic. We'll consider asking this to a friend lawyer as well.

God bless and have a nice day!

attyLLL

it's possible that there's a little known tax break for nurses, but we're not aware of it. an inquiry to the DOH or the BIR might help

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum