Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surname Change

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Surname Change Empty Surname Change Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:09 am

Sargeras

Arresto Menor

Good evening everyone.

I am half muslim. My parents were married but my dad died when I was very young and I was raised by my grandparents from my mom's side. I was baptized when I was 7 years old as a Roman Catholic. I am not ashamed of having muslim blood running through my veins but I am planning to get married and to be honest I've had my share of bad experiences because of my surname. With the way society looks at religion today, I would not want my future wife and kids to have that burden on their shoulders.

I hope you can give me some advice on how I should proceed with this. Is there a process that would allow me to change my surname? I would like to use my mother's maiden name. And if you could give me an idea as to how much it would cost. Your thoughts on this matter would definitely be appreciated. Thank you for taking a few minutes of your busy day to read this.

2Surname Change Empty Re: Surname Change Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:57 pm

fbsensei

fbsensei

Sargeras, there is a mechanism under our rules of procedure which permit the change of name if your name causes undue embarassment or ridicule. My recommendation is for you to consult with a lawyer who handles special proceedings. You may want to explain to him why your surname causes embarassment or ridicule. This should be supported by evidence (oral or documentary). Good luck!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum