Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

backpay/separation pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1backpay/separation pay Empty backpay/separation pay Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 pm

vince44

Arresto Menor

Good evening po.

There was this company local of cebu and has a sattelite office here in manila..I already resigned with this company a year ago. Until now hindi ko pa po narerecieve ang backpay ko kasama ang cash bond na binigay ko during pre employment process. Ang sabi ng previous manager ko, ichacharge sa makukuha ko ang mga penalties ng hawak ko na national supermarket. My question is: tama po ba na icharge nila sa akin ang mga penalties ng account na hawak ko before? (Charges are non deliveries,late deliveries etc. which is beyond my control)
Second is per labor policies or guidelines, on a maximum,gaano po ba dapat katagal bago ibigay ang backpay/separation ng isang empleyado?

Thank you.

2backpay/separation pay Empty Re: backpay/separation pay Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:10 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

The law is silent with regard to the release of backpays. The law only requires 'reasonable time' for the employer to audit and compute the monies due the employee.

In my opinion, monetary penalties should be deducted to the backpays of the employee only if it has basis which is capable of pecuniary estimation. Meaning, those that can be computed. If not, the employer cannot deduct any amount to backpays.

In your case, if it can be proven that penalties are incurred through your shortcomings, these penalties CAN be deducted from your backpay. If such can't be computed, you they have no right to deduct the any amount but can recover the same from you through the filing of an appropriate legal action.

I suggest you file a complaint with the DOLE/NLRC kung matagal ng hindi ibinibigay sayo ang backpay mo para mapagusapan niyo agad ng employer mo.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum