Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demand for Child Support

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Demand for Child Support Empty Demand for Child Support Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Anne Magnifico

Arresto Menor

Hello Attorney,
I'm 5mos pregnant now and the father of my child stop sending financial support. I don't have a job and living alone. He's an American and working in Malaysia as of now. Can I demand a child support even though we're not yet married? Thanks a lot. Looking for a quick response.

2Demand for Child Support Empty Re: Demand for Child Support Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, you can demand child support.
But it can be hard to get the decision paid. It's hard even when the father work and live in the Philippines, extra hard by he is foreigner and work in Malaysia.
So it can be a better strategy to try to get him paying VOLONTARINGLY WITHOUT involving the law.
But NOTE - it's CHILD support,
NOT ment to cover living costs for the mother (except for birth.)

3Demand for Child Support Empty Re: Demand for Child Support Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Anne Magnifico

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the response Atty. My concern now is that the father ignores my messages and calls. Do we have a law who can claim my right to demand a child support from a foreign father? Thanks a lot.

4Demand for Child Support Empty Re: Demand for Child Support Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:09 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Lunkan is not a lawyer. He is not even a Filipino. He gives only opinionated answers without any factual and/or legal basis/es. (Not to mention bad english)

5Demand for Child Support Empty Re: Demand for Child Support Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:13 am

Anne Magnifico

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the info. Hope someone out here, a real lawyer by profession could give me a good advice. Thanks. Will appreciate it.

6Demand for Child Support Empty Re: Demand for Child Support Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

HrDude wrote:Lunkan is not a lawyer. He is not even a Filipino. He gives only opinionated answers without any factual and/or legal basis/es. (Not to mention bad english)
So what?
It's corect I'm not a lawyer and not Filipino. Do you mean something I answered is wrong?...   Smile

Yes, I add some oppinions sometimes, telling what I believe is BEST for the CLIENT/asker
while SOME lawyers recomend file cases, which have very SMALL chance to give anything to the CLIENT,
just because the lawyer want to get money to HIMSELF...   Very Happy
Because what's the point, when it's economical cases, with spending much money and time to winn a case, if not geting anything from the opponent anyway... ?

(I'm not a lawyer in my home country either, but I have WONN ALL cases against companies, and wonn big part of the cases against the government anyway...   Smile

I have read rather many PHILIPPINE LAWS, preparing to settle there. (Mainly I have studied business, tax and property laws.)
One REMARKABLE thing I have noticed is that many FILIPINO LAWYERS take much money to make business "solutions" which are NOT LEGAL, not following the "Anti-Dummy" law !!!   Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum