Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

VAT exempt

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VAT exempt Empty VAT exempt Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:53 pm

oriole

Arresto Menor

Hi good afternoon everyone! Newbie here...

I would like to seek assistance in understanding a law regarding vat exempted transaction – copied/pasted below:

THE NATIONAL INTERNAL REVENUE CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES [Tax Reform Act of 1997] Republic Act No. 8424 AN ACT AMENDING THE NATIONAL INTERNAL REVENUE CODE, AS AMENDED, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES

SEC. 109. Exempt Transactions. - The following shall be exempt from the value-added tax:

(z) Sale or lease of goods or properties or the performance of services other than the transactions mentioned in the preceding paragraphs, the gross annual sales and/or receipts do not exceed the amount of Five hundred fifty thousand pesos (P550,000): Provided, That not later than January 31st of the calendar year subsequent to the effectivity of Republic Act No. 8241 and each calendar year

- me and my wife are lessees of a three stall property of GOCC National Livelihood Corporation's Metromart Complex, located at Edsa corner Boni ave. Mandaluyong City worth P9270 per month or P111,240 annually...

Are we covered by this vat exemption? Your advise would help us realize a long over curiosity.

All The Best,

Oriole

2VAT exempt Empty Re: VAT exempt Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:27 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Not covered if you are a Vat-registered person who avails Vat exemption because your annual gross rental does not exceed 1.919,500.00M. That 550,000 is now increased to 1,919,500.00. HOWEVER, you are obliged to pay percentage tax.

3VAT exempt Empty Re: VAT exempt Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:09 pm

oriole

Arresto Menor

thanks a lot tsi ming choi! happy new year!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum