Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Part-Time Employess for Online ESL Company

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

paxpax00

Arresto Menor

Greetings~~

I've been working as an online ESL (English As Second Language) teacher for quite some time now. I've worked with 3 online companies (office based) and these companies have different policies concerning their employees. My current company gives an hourly rate for every classes rendered. Basically, our salary depends on the number of classes we have rendered multiplied by the hourly rate. Rate starts at 80.00/hour up to 120.00/hour. We have 'no-work,no-pay' policy. It was stated in our contract that our status is a 'part-time' employee in which we are not deducted with mandatory deductions required by law. No 13th month as well but the company provides 10% of our monthly income every month in lieu of 13th month. Here are my questions:
1. Would it be possible for the company to impose a bond to those who are under probationary? If so,how much?
2. Even we know that our status is part-time employee but we work from 4 to 8 hours or more, aren't we entitled for 13 month?
3. Admin employees receive a fixed monthly salary but they don't have any deductions when they do not report for work. (knowing that we have no work-no pay policy) Is it fine?
4. Admin employees receive 13th month but 'part-time employees' don't. Fair?
5. The company provides a ceiling rate for our hourly rate regardless of the employee's tenure. Is it okay?

I have more questions but so far these are some of my query which I want to clarify. I hope you can help me out at least I can also inform the management on what to do.

Thank you very much and more power Smile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Have you a contract telling they can?

2. and 4. " No 13th month as well but the company provides 10% of our monthly income every month in lieu of 13th month."
That's BETTER than geting 13th month... Smile
If you had got 8 % it would have been equal to geting 13th month. (8,33 but you get the payouts earlier.)

3. Well. It can be discussable if it's FAIR compared to you, but sure it's LEGAL.
Concerning fairness: On the other hand some other part is better for YOU. (13th month and I guess they have significant lower pay per hours.)

5. I don't know.

paxpax00

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:1.  Have you a contract telling they can?

2. and 4.   " No 13th month as well but the company provides 10% of our monthly income every month in lieu of 13th month."  
That's BETTER than geting 13th month...  Smile    
If you had got 8 % it would have been equal to geting 13th month. (8,33 but you get the payouts earlier.)

3. Well. It can be discussable if it's FAIR compared to you, but sure it's LEGAL.  
Concerning fairness: On the other hand some other part is better for YOU. (13th month and I guess they have significant lower pay per hours.)

5. I don't know.

Good Day~~

Thanks for the reply..
regarding #3 there's no stipulation in the contract and they want to revise the contract and add that stipulation regarding Bonds. But this kind of bond is it legal? I mean, for part-time employees is it allowed for the company to post a bond ?

Smile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

paxpax00 wrote:
Good Day~~

Thanks for the reply..
regarding #3 there's no stipulation in the contract and they want to revise the contract and add that stipulation regarding Bonds. But this kind of bond is it legal? I mean, for part-time employees is it allowed for the company to post a bond ?
Smile
"3. Admin employees receive a fixed monthly salary but they don't have any deductions when they do not report for work. (knowing that we have no work-no pay policy) Is it fine? "
The red marked is POSITIVE for the employees who get it. I suppouse employees want to get as many such as possible added Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum