Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Delay pay, final payment and termination

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Delay pay, final payment and termination Empty Delay pay, final payment and termination Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:50 pm

nouswoosh

Arresto Menor

I started working as a home-based content publisher on June 17, 2015, my status is contractual/freelance and was terminated on September 21, 2015. I only got my pay from June 17 to July 17, they told me that they had a problem with budget reforms that's why my pay will be delayed so no pay from July 18 to Sept 21. Because of the payment delay, I lose interest and became less productive that's why they terminated me. Before my termination, they told me that I will receive my delayed pays on October 10, 2015, but when I got terminated, they told me that I will receive my final pay(which they said that it includes my delayed pay and actual pay from the cut-off) 60 days after my termination.

Are they right that final pay includes those delayed pays?, how about the promise that I will receive those delayed pays on October 10. I was hoping to receive the pays before the cut-off where I got terminated and just wait for the remaining until November 21.

They're saying that it is the rule when you got terminated and the process should be followed, how about the justice in not receiving my pay on time, being 2 months delayed then now it will become delayed for 4 months. I know that paying employees on time and keeping a said promise is a process too so I think it should be followed also.

The owner of the company is my friend and I don't want to do anything to bring her or her company down, I just want to have the knowledge about this, know my rights and get my pay.

TIA for your help and advice

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum