Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manager yells at Employee

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manager yells at Employee Empty Manager yells at Employee Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:30 pm

ActionResearch

Arresto Menor

If a general Manager always yells at his/her employees on certain topics which you need to clarify on, is it a violation of Bill 168, the Occupational Health and Safety Amendment Act (Violence and Harassment in the Workplace) 2009?

2Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:58 pm

ActionResearch

Arresto Menor

Please disregard the bill mentioned above as it is a Canadian Bill.

I'll just have to rephrase my question.

"Is there a law in the Philippines that was violated by this scenario?"

Thank yo

3Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:05 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

No specific law, AFAICR.

However the Labor Code allows an immediate resignation for such a scenario.

http://www.councilviews.com

4Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:15 pm

ActionResearch

Arresto Menor

Thank you po.

5Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Some countries are very sensitive concerning such, while other countries find it ok.
In my home country (Sweden) it's seen as NOTHING except if it's REPEETED type of BULLYING.

(Before I started own business, back when I were employed, I yelled TO the highest bosses sometimes Laughing
When I saw something to bad handled,
I FIRST told it calm, INCLUDING telling a solution idea.
If the bosses don't solve it within reasonable time, I told it again, now grumpy.
If the bosses don't solve it within reasonable time, I told it again, this time angry.

Three of the bosses I had LIKED I did that, because they understood I did it, because I wanted to do a GOOD WORK, which couldn't be as best possible because of the errors I had told them.
In my first employment (big distribution company) they made me Planning boss dsoon after I finnished High school,
and in a later employment (import of equipment to metal manufactory) the boss more than doubled my salary in 2 years,
BECAUSE of my yelling at them Very Happy

When I were boss myself, I told my programmers, when they STARTED to work:
"It's ok to call me "idiot" as long as you tell why and tell a better solution" Laughing
because I WANT them to dare to tell their oppinion...

NOTE! Above yelling was to make the BUSNIESS BETTER.
BAD ATTITUDE is something else...

Btw - It take LOOOONG time for a business to build up a good REPUTATION,
which can be DESTROYED in SECONDS by a bad employee, if the bad action is noticed by a customer... Crying or Very sad
So I'm NOT suprised of some bosses yell Smile because I have seen SOME employee being very lazy,
or not doing as they have been told many times to do things, making many unnecesary errors...

6Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:23 pm

ActionResearch

Arresto Menor

The manager always yells everytime you ask him to clarify things.

Isn't is a form of violence/harassment?

7Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:00 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ActionResearch wrote:The manager always yells everytime you ask him to clarify things.

Check the company policy. Generally it is a violation.

http://www.councilviews.com

8Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

ActionResearch wrote:The manager always yells everytime you ask him to clarify things.

If he yell even the first time, then it's at least idiotistic Laughing
It's stupid by the owners too by they keep him as boss, because such don't get the best results...

9Manager yells at Employee Empty Re: Manager yells at Employee Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:37 pm

ActionResearch

Arresto Menor

Thanks everyone.. will do check the company policies regarding this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum