Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

REDUNDANCY LETTER

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1REDUNDANCY LETTER Empty REDUNDANCY LETTER Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:25 pm

STCHRD

Arresto Menor

Hi,

May i ask if there is a format or right wordings to prevent labor cases.
------------------------------------
The purpose of this letter is to confirm the outcome of a recent review by the management of its operations.

As a result of business slow down and cost saving measures, your position as Machinist has become redundant and there is no other job function within the company that we can offer you. We regret to inform your employment will end on November 15.

You will be paid a separation pay amounting to P. 54,000 (PESO: Fifty Four Thousand Only) in accordance with labor code of the Philippines. The amount represents based on your 4 years of service.

We thank you for your valuable contribution during your employment with us.

Thank you.

2REDUNDANCY LETTER Empty Re: REDUNDANCY LETTER Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:46 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

In order to minimize labor cases regarding redundancy, it is vital to inform those who will be terminated via redundancy why such has happened, with the necessary data of such research done by the company shown to them accordingly. There is no way to prevent labor cases from happening, especially if the employees have a union and they feel that the basis for redundancy is lacking. If litigation occurs, then it must be proven by competent evidence that such termination by redundancy was done legally and with enough basis by the employer.

Preventing litigation from happening stems from the strength of the employee and employer relation, that no ill feelings have been harbored by the employees and the employer did his best in providing a fair and reasonable working environment for his employees.

In regards the wordings, I am not sure if it could have been worded better. Seeking an attorney's help in drafting termination letters may be best in order to have the best possible termination letter for redundancies.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum