Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change gender

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1change gender Empty change gender Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:15 am

analiza blancas

Arresto Menor

I need help...right now I'm here po sa Philippines ex abroad po ako but dn ako nka balik para mag work dahil my passport expired at dko basta ma renew coz my gender is boy but I'm a girl...right now I dnt have enough money to change my gender coz to expensive... Sna matulungan nyo po ako para mkapag work po ako ulit for my family future....tnx po

2change gender Empty Re: change gender Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Gender-reassignment surgeries cannot be a basis for changing somebody's gender status, unfortunately. It was held in recently-decided Supreme Court cases that only a valid medical condition that affects the genitalia of a person can be considered as a ground to change gender status, as far as I know.

3change gender Empty Re: change gender Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:25 pm

fbsensei

fbsensei

Is your problem your birth certificate because it incorrectly shows your gender as male (when it should be female)?

4change gender Empty change gender Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:35 pm

analiza blancas

Arresto Menor

Yap sir is written in my birt cert.is male but I'm a girl

5change gender Empty Re: change gender Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:59 pm

fbsensei

fbsensei

This should be fairly easy to correct. Our current law (RA 10172) allows the administrative correction of certain entries with the Civil Registrar, including sex of a person (if this was indeed an error). The petition is generally filed with the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the record containing the clerical error sought to be corrected is kept. However, if your residence or domicile is different from where the civil registry records are registered, you may file the petition in the nearest LCRO in your area.

My advice is for you to visit the LCRO in your area. They should be able to provide you with the forms and checklist of documents you should produce to complete the petition. As I said, this is fairly easy... takes some time and leg muscles to complete though. Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum