Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

gender error in BIRTH CARTIFICATE IN NSO

+2
attyLLL
irah_libay
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1gender error in BIRTH CARTIFICATE IN NSO Empty gender error in BIRTH CARTIFICATE IN NSO Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:35 pm

irah_libay

Arresto Menor

what should i do when i have gender error in my birth certificate in NSO or typographical error?i am MALE and in my NSO certificate its FEMALE...when i reviewed my original birth cErtificate,it was clearly stated MALE and also in my civil registrar birth cartificate it was also MALE...my embassy interview will be this last week of decmber.........PLS HELP? IS PRESENTING AN AFFIDAVIT IN AN EMBASSY BE ENOUGH?

attyLLL

that will depend if the embassy will accept that. they are not obligated to.

the ultimate remedy is to file a judicial petition to correct your court records.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

irah_libay

Arresto Menor

thanks you..

MCHX3

Arresto Menor

Hi all,

Until now is there no approved resolution yet regarding the correction of gender on birth certificate that affidavit is enough already just like dealing on problems on entry of surnames and names?
Thanks..

MCHX3

Arresto Menor

Hi all,

May I know how much really cost me if I process my discrepancy on gender in my birth certificate if I render the service of a Public Attorney. I am residing here at General Santos City and I am a male but on my birth certificate records on both at our Local Civil Registrar and NSO the gender reflected is Female..
Please help..
Thanks..

tino

Arresto Menor

actually, we have the same problem. all my birth documents (orig & NSO Certified) reflects a female gender. i am a male. but, i have a passport with a male gender and i didn't recall any application of sort that i needed to present my birth certificate because most of the time, passport, driver's license, was enough to show. but i am still wishing it will be rectified.

attyLLL

cost will depend on the lawyer you retain for your judicial petition.

agui

Arresto Menor

FYI!

House okays bill amending the Clerical Error law
by House of Representatives of the Philippines on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 2:18am
The House of Representatives has approved on third and final reading a bill seeking to reduce the cost of correcting errors in the register of birth and marriage by allowing administrative corrections instead of judicial proceedings.

Rep. Magtanggol Gunigundo I (2nd District, Valenzuela City), one of the proponents of House Bill 4530, said the measure seeks to amend Republic Act 9048 or the Clerical Error Law by authorizing the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to correct clerical and typographical errors in dates of birth, or sex of person in the civil register without need of judicial orders.

Gunigundo said the bill addresses the problem of delay in the processing of vital documents for workers who wish to go abroad, applications for board examinations and claims for benefits of workers, retirees and pensioners.

"This bill will declog court dockets by authorizing administrative corrections, thereby improving the administration of justice," Gunigundo said.

Rep. Pedro Romualdo (Lone District, Camiguin), another author of the measure, said the change of gender shall be entertained and an erroneous entry as to the sex of a person shall be corrected only if the same is accompanied by a certification issued by an accredited government physician attesting to the fact that the petitioner has not undergone a sex change or sex transplant.

"Petitions for correction of erroneous entries or typographical errors concerning age and gender or sex shall be within the expanded jurisdiction of the Office of the Civil Registrar as long as the requisite documents shall be complied with by the petitioner," Romualdo said.

Rep. Florencio Miraflores (Lone District, Aklan), another proponent of the bill, said the measure expands the authority of the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to change or correct without judicial order, certain clerical or typographical errors in the civil register.

"The inaccuracies of entries in the civil register remain a major source of inconvenience and untold miseries for individuals who were not responsible for these errors. Requiring these individuals to go to court for proper remedy only exacerbates their sorry plight," Miraflores said.

The measure provides that a petition for correction of an erroneous entry or typographical error concerning the date of birth or sex requires publication at least once a week for two consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation.

Likewise, the fees collected by the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general shall accrue to the funds of the local civil registry office or the Office of the Consul General, IT modernization, hiring of new personnel and procurement of supplies, subject to audit by the Commission on Audit.

The co-authors of the measure are Reps. Mercedes Alvarez (6th District, Negros Occidental), Rogelio Espina (Lone District, Biliran), George Arnaiz (2nd District, Negros Oriental), Rufus Rodriguez (2nd District, Cagayan de Oro City), Maximo Rodriguez, Jr. (Party-list, Abante Mindanao, Inc.), Niel Tupas, Jr. (5th District, Iloilo), Teodoro Casiño (Party-list, Bayan Muna) and Rene Relampagos (1st District, Bohol).

22 June 2011 08:57:32 AM
Writer: Lorelei V. Castillo, MRS-PRIB

sasuke10

Arresto Menor

agui wrote:FYI!

House okays bill amending the Clerical Error law
by House of Representatives of the Philippines on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 2:18am
The House of Representatives has approved on third and final reading a bill seeking to reduce the cost of correcting errors in the register of birth and marriage by allowing administrative corrections instead of judicial proceedings.

Rep. Magtanggol Gunigundo I (2nd District, Valenzuela City), one of the proponents of House Bill 4530, said the measure seeks to amend Republic Act 9048 or the Clerical Error Law by authorizing the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to correct clerical and typographical errors in dates of birth, or sex of person in the civil register without need of judicial orders.

Gunigundo said the bill addresses the problem of delay in the processing of vital documents for workers who wish to go abroad, applications for board examinations and claims for benefits of workers, retirees and pensioners.

"This bill will declog court dockets by authorizing administrative corrections, thereby improving the administration of justice," Gunigundo said.

Rep. Pedro Romualdo (Lone District, Camiguin), another author of the measure, said the change of gender shall be entertained and an erroneous entry as to the sex of a person shall be corrected only if the same is accompanied by a certification issued by an accredited government physician attesting to the fact that the petitioner has not undergone a sex change or sex transplant.

"Petitions for correction of erroneous entries or typographical errors concerning age and gender or sex shall be within the expanded jurisdiction of the Office of the Civil Registrar as long as the requisite documents shall be complied with by the petitioner," Romualdo said.

Rep. Florencio Miraflores (Lone District, Aklan), another proponent of the bill, said the measure expands the authority of the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to change or correct without judicial order, certain clerical or typographical errors in the civil register.

"The inaccuracies of entries in the civil register remain a major source of inconvenience and untold miseries for individuals who were not responsible for these errors. Requiring these individuals to go to court for proper remedy only exacerbates their sorry plight," Miraflores said.

The measure provides that a petition for correction of an erroneous entry or typographical error concerning the date of birth or sex requires publication at least once a week for two consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation.

Likewise, the fees collected by the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general shall accrue to the funds of the local civil registry office or the Office of the Consul General, IT modernization, hiring of new personnel and procurement of supplies, subject to audit by the Commission on Audit.

The co-authors of the measure are Reps. Mercedes Alvarez (6th District, Negros Occidental), Rogelio Espina (Lone District, Biliran), George Arnaiz (2nd District, Negros Oriental), Rufus Rodriguez (2nd District, Cagayan de Oro City), Maximo Rodriguez, Jr. (Party-list, Abante Mindanao, Inc.), Niel Tupas, Jr. (5th District, Iloilo), Teodoro Casiño (Party-list, Bayan Muna) and Rene Relampagos (1st District, Bohol).

22 June 2011 08:57:32 AM
Writer: Lorelei V. Castillo, MRS-PRIB

Sir pagkakaintindi ko po dito sa amendment na ito nitong 2011 lamang na pede nang i authorize ng municipal civil registrar ang correction sa erroneous details at kasama na dito ung gender tama po ba ako so ibig sabihin hindi na po kelangan ng judicial proceedings. Kase po sa i have the same case po (gender issue) with my son and he is 10years old and yung nagreflect sa birth certificate nya is female, gusto ko po sana seek ng advice what is the step by step upon going to local civil registrar kase sinasabi nila kelangan idaan sa judicial process pero meron na pong amendment anu po bang dapat kong gawin at mga documento na dapat ko iprepare para dito salamat po..

attyLLL

that bill is not yet a law. your first step is to retain a lawyer and file a petition in court.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum