Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination Inquiry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Termination Inquiry Empty Termination Inquiry Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Yurius

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I have an inquiry regarding my employment as I will be given a termination notice.

I currently work for a BPO company and have been regularized since May 2015. The problem here is I was not able to submit a pre employment requirement that I was asked and this is a TOR/Copy of Grades/Diploma. I am an undergrad and the last semester I was in school was back in 2005. I do know that they just want to know and confirm that I did study at my previous school but they are unable to verify the information as my most recent school doesn't even have a working business phone number. The problem with this is before year 2010 that said school only used physical records and does not have an online or soft copies of our records. The school told me they could not find any records of me being enrolled at that said school because they somehow lost some of the records of students that did not continue studying there before they started using a computerized system. I told our company HR about this but still insisted for me to get some sort of proof that I did study there and I received a warning from them that they will have to proceed with termination if I am unable to provide documents regarding my school.

I want to know if it is legal for them to dismiss me regardless of my regular employee status simply because of "pre employment" requirements that I failed to submit.

2Termination Inquiry Empty Re: Termination Inquiry Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:43 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Yurius wrote:Hello,

I have an inquiry regarding my employment as I will be given a termination notice.  

I currently work for a BPO company and have been regularized since May 2015.  The problem here is I was not able to submit a pre employment requirement that I was asked and this is a TOR/Copy of Grades/Diploma.  I am an undergrad and the last semester I was in school was back in 2005.  I do know that they just want to know and confirm that I did study at my previous school but they are unable to verify the information as my most recent school doesn't even have a working business phone number.  The problem with this is before year 2010 that said school only used physical records and does not have an online or soft copies of our records.  The school told me they could not find any records of me being enrolled at that said school because they somehow lost some of the records of students that did not continue studying there before they started using a computerized system.  I told our company HR about this but still insisted for me to get some sort of proof that I did study there and I received a warning from them that they will have to proceed with termination if I am unable to provide documents regarding my school.  

I want to know if it is legal for them to dismiss me regardless of my regular employee status simply because of "pre employment" requirements that I failed to submit.

Yes it is possible.

Your failure to show proof may be construed as falsification or fraud.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Termination Inquiry Empty Re: Termination Inquiry Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Yurius

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the quick reply, so is there a way for me to get proof if my school lost my records?

4Termination Inquiry Empty Re: Termination Inquiry Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:18 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Yurius wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, so is there a way for me to get proof if my school lost my records?

If nobody has any documents and there is no way to confirm your information, then no.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Termination Inquiry Empty Re: Termination Inquiry Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:13 am

Yurius

Arresto Menor

I did transfer from another school but after contacting my previous school they said that they mailed all my documents over to my last school so they can't give me a copy of any records I have. But since my most recent school can't find my records I guess I'm screwed. Unless there's a way for get that tracked and obtain those records from my previous school.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum